Membership in Congregation Emanu El is open to all families or individuals who are committed to the teachings of Judaism.
No one is ever denied the full privileges of membership because of financial circumstances.
In addition to making a financial commitment, we hope that those becoming members will make a commitment to participate fully in the life of the synagogue by attendance at services, participating in various educational programs and by volunteering their time and energy as needed.
Benefits of Membership:
- Availability of our Rabbi and Cantor for life cycle events (marriage, baby naming, Brit Milah, Bar and Bat Mitzvah, and at times of illness and bereavement)
- Receipt of the monthly "Bulletin" of community news and events
- Enrollment of children in the School for Jewish Living
- Eligibility to register children in Camp Swig and Camp Newman
- Placing names of departed loved ones on the Wall of Perpetual Memorial
- Notification of Yahrzeits of loved ones
- Receipt of the annual "Sisterhood Book-Community Directory"
- Use of facilities for special occasions at a preferred member rate
- Linked to over 1,000,000 Reform Jews through our membership in the Union of Reform Judaism. Receive the award-winning Reform Judaism magazine
- Participation in a rich program of social and educational events throughout the year
- And we believe best of all, the joys of belonging to the Emanu El community
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT BECOMING A MEMBER,
PLEASE CONTACT THE TEMPLE OFFICE.